Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Healthy Lungs & Green Teeth

We went to our pulmo for our pre-surgery visit and it went really well. Noah's lungs sounded beautiful and he was satting at 100%. We saw a new doctor, which was fine, but he was cracking me up. Noah has racked up quite a bit of medical history in the last 20 months and it can be a bit overwhelming to even the most experienced doctor. When the new pulmo came in he said "I tried to read Noah's history, but there's quite a bit of it. Would you say a good summary is 'he's had lots of issues but things are headed in the right direction'?" I like a doctor who's concise. :-) I'm going to have to remember that the next time somebody asks me for a medical history on Noah.
They had some medical students visiting today so Noah got to show off his green teeth to a dental student. He didn't like it very much, but I thought it was fun. I like it when they try to be polite about it - as if it might hurt my feelings if they call them green. I hear a lot of people mention his "slight discoloration" or my favorite... "they're not THAT green". As if it's ok to have green teeth as long as they're lime green like Noah's. Forest green teeth, THAT would be a problem. I mean, I must admit that sometimes it's hard wondering whether he'll face discrimination and things like that, but as far as complications from cholestasis go I much prefer green teeth to brain damage or liver transplant.
Seven more days until Noah's surgery...

No comments: