We're deep into the planning process for our summer trip to the John Tracy Clinic. The more I'm thinking about it, the more overwhelmed I am by the number of things we will have to take with us.
Remember those first doctor appointments after the NICU when I had to always bring a friend because Noah and all his stuff (O2, monitors, feeding pump, diaper bag) couldn't all be carried by one person? When we got rid of the feeding pump I typically tried to do it myself, although not always successfully. I'm surprised the ENT even made us go through with the ABR after that appointment when I grabbed the monitors with the wrong arm, disconnected everything, and sheepishly walked back with my (still sleeping) baby and two different alarms blaring. Boy am I glad those days are over! Even so, just getting ready for Sunday School still involves two bags.
At any given time we typically carry the following:
- food for the amount of time we'll be out of the house, including one extra meal and some extra milk in case a "do over" is needed
- Ikea plastic spoons and one of the few types of straw cups that Noah likes
- bibs, cloths for face wiping or mopping up messes, and "pukeys" (aka barf bags)
- a few books or small toys for feeding rewards
- some type of seating for good posture while eating (either a car seat, stroller, or a booster chair depending on the situation)
- whatever medications will be needed in the time period we'll be out
- Thick it and any calorie additives that haven't yet been added to the food/formula
- a change of clothes (two if we'll be out all day)
- pull ups, and wipes
-stickers for potty rewarding
- extra batteries and headpieces
- Mr. Cane
- a dome magnifier
- a hat in case of unexpected rain
So what do you take with you when you go out?