1. Twenty-four weekers don't "catch up".
2. Even if 24 weekers did "catch up", looking cute in a picture would not indicate one way or another whether that had occured.
3, Even if 24 weekers did "catch up", they would only catch up to the level of a child at their age with their same disabilities.
To set the record straight in case anyone is confused:
1. Noah is not a "normal" 3 year old.
2. He will never be "normal".
3. He's doing pretty darn good for a deaf-blind 24 week preemie who spent 7 months in the hospital, eats a pureed diet, spins in circles when overstimulated, and vomits regularly. We're ok with that.
5. Telling us that he's all caught up is not going to make us feel better about our life and it might make us really annoyed.
Now back to your regularly scheduled blog.