Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hot Pink Tape

Noah is having trouble learning to walk down steps and up/down ramps so out comes the handy electrical tape. Apparently the bright colors are supposed to help him notice that there are steps there, so that he can learn to successfully maneuver them. I just can't help but wonder whether some navy blue tape or a nice khaki color wouldn't work just as well. Why hot pink or neon green? Do the OTs get a discount on the colors no one else wants? I mean, I want him to see going up an down the steps, but I don't want to attract stray dogs or alien spaceships. If the goal is high contrast I'm sure I could find colors that are contrasting and yet not glow-in-the-dark. I'm all for making any accommodations that Noah needs, but lets be reasonable in our color choices. I'm just not a hot pink kind of girl.

No comments: