Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Birthday?

Today I'm celebrating the first anniversary of my 29th birthday. As if being 30 wasn't hard enough, today is also the 2nd anniversary of Noah's PICU admission. A lot of preemie moms seem to really struggle around their baby's birthdate, but I was too sick at that point to really remember much. What I do remember is the sheer terror of giving my baby back. I fought for 6 months to keep him, willing him to come home, and then 3 days later had to give him back. Not the greatest feeling. Hopefully we won't be inviting the ambulance crew to my party this year.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday.

Like Noah, Arianna went into the PICU just a few days after coming home from the NICU as well... I was such a basketcase, so much worse than the NICU for me and I could room-in with her at the PICU.

Do something just for you today, ok?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! You are such a wonderful woman and you are going to LOVE your 30's! The 30's are some of the best years for us women!

23wktwinsmommy said...

Happy Birthday!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I have been reading your blog for a while and I am starting to get mine going on my own preemie, Aidan. Aidan is now 2 y/o, was born at 28 weeks due to HELLP syndrome and weighed 1.5 lbs at birth.



I wanted to make sure it was OK for me to link to you on my preemie blogroll.



Here is our site.



http://beautifulinmyeyes.net/







Thanks,



Lori Dow

Liana said...

happy birthday.
i hope you had a wonderful day, you deserve it!