Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bilateral

Well the surgery's done and things are starting to get back to normal. Noah once again had issues with vertigo, but this time he was too old to just stick in an exersaucer so I've been spending the last few weeks chasing him around the house to keep him from destroying his new ear before it even gets turned on. He's had some pretty good head bumps, but hopefully nothing that'll have any lasting impact! Activation day is a week from Wednesday so I guess we'll know then whether he's done any permanent damage to his "new ear".

Feeding Noah is miserable lately. Not surprisingly after two days of vomiting blood from the surgery and some extra nausea caused by the vertigo, eating was the last thing on Noah's mind. Noah's feeding therapist gave me a good pep talk this week, and I'm hanging in there, but it is definitely difficult right now. Some days I wish we just had a g-tube, but I don't know that that's the answer. I just wish I knew what the answer was!
I'll leave you with some surgery pictures and later I'll post a cute video of Noah telling me all about dinosaurs while we were playing at the botanical gardens.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on Noah's bilateral surgery! I had really bad balance issues both time we did my left ear...ugh. I feel for him! I'm sure it can't be helping his eating issues! I hope things are starting to get better for him now...a little improvement at a time!
I lost all my residual hearing, but what I gained was worth it in my case :). I'm looking forward to see how well he'll do! :)