Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Transitions

"Will there be shapes to play with at school?"
"I want to read a book at school today."
That was what Noah said to me as he was eating breakfast.

"I'm ready!"
That was what Noah said to his teacher when he got to the classroom this morning.

...And then he realized that Mommy wasn't staying.

We'd been trying to explain for weeks that Mommy would go home and Noah would stay at school, but he just couldn't fathom why I wouldn't want to be at a place as great as school.

When I was walking out of the building I saw him walking down the hall with his one on one, wailing and screaming to anyone who would listen, "I want Mommy to go to school too!"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

((((hugs)))) that had to be rough! Those first few days can be hard...I've been there, done that...but your big boy will catch on fast! I loved his pictures...so grown-up looking!

Melanie said...

OMG!!! My son just started preschool and he is non-verbal. But I think if he COULD talk these are exactly the words he would say. When we talk about preschool my son lights up, he likes to carry his backpack, we drive to school and he smiles at the teacher and then when I leave, he cries. I don't know what I'm going to do!! Glad I was shown your blog from a friend!