Monday, March 26, 2007

The Bad Mommy Award Goes to....

Me! It's been a long few weeks getting Noah through his surgery & activation and all the things that go along with that. Add to it a billion appointments since we'll be at feeding therapy for the next 8 weeks and I'm physically and mentally drained. My husband, being the wonderful husband that he is, got Noah up and dressed and plopped him in front of a video so that I could sleep late. When he left for work I was curled up on the couch reading blogs and Noah was still watching his movies (keep reading, it gets worse). At about 9:15 Noah started fussing, so I of course assumed he wanted a different movie. 9:45: Noah's fussing again and stops watching the movie to go play with his toys. His game of choice this morning: "Bring mommy things to eat and laugh when she pretends to eat the silly things that I bring." Want a sock for breakfast? How about the corner gaurd from the fireplace? A blue crayon looks good too. This is a pretty typical Noah game, except for the fact that each time he went to fetch my newest snack he would sit on the floor and fuss for a minute - that is not normal Noah. After about the 4th or 5th item I started to wonder what was going on. Hmmmm.... It's not naptime, so he's probably not tired. We remembered to put the childproof cover on his CI processor so his volume's not too high (I could've written a bad mommy post about that yesterday). Maybe he's refluxing? Nope, I don't hear any milk coming up. Wait a minute. Milk! A few minutes later Noah was happily playing again, with a full tummy, quite forgiving of the fact that mommy had forgotten to feed him. He's currently trying to built a tower so that he can climb it and fall off onto the fireplace without the corner gaurds. Maybe I should go....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! Every few weeks I get the bad mommy award too then. Several times I'll get to the end of the day and my daughter is cranky and I realize that I never fed her lunch (no wonder she's so tiny LOL).