- I'm going to be an Aunt! Uncle Mork and Aunt Mindy are expecting a baby in June. You can just call me Auntie Em - I'm sure everyone else will. I'm so excited for them, and yet it brings up a lot of memories for me. I hope I don't let my disappointment over my own pregnancy overshadow my joy for theirs.
- Noah is going on his first field trip tomorrow. He's going to the pumpkin patch with Chattering Children, the AV therapy center where he gets therapy each week. I'm excited, he's clueless.
- Our surgeon wants us to consider a second CI. My hubby seems really into the idea, but the idea of another surgery & hospital stay makes me cold with fear. We haven't talked to our audiologist or our speech therapist or anybody, so who knows. Maybe they'll change my mind or perhaps they'll change his.
- I am a "mentee". Our church set up a women's mentoring program and managed to coerce me into participating. My mentor's name in Almeda. She's a retired schoolteacher who babysits her grandkids during the day. I really like her a lot. Perhaps being a mentee isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
- My mom made Noah the cutest Elmo costume for Halloween. I really hope he's willing to wear it when the time comes, because it's about the best costume ever. Grandma's who sew are worth their weight in gold!
- We're doing a really cool new book for my Tuesday night Bible study. It's called "The Frazzled Female: Finding Peace in the Midst of Daily Life" by Cindi Wood. I highly recommend it for anyone feeling frazzled and in need of some peace.
- Noah is officially on the corrected charts for height now too (he made the weight charts at his last feeding clinic appointment). He weighs about 26 lbs and is about 32.5" tall. That's 5th percentile for height and between 10th and 25th for weight.
- Abby, I promise to write a post or e-mail you about the stages of purees that we've been through. I don't have time to do a thorough job right now.
Ok, I expect lots of comments because everyone should have something to talk about!