- standard special ed preschool in county with related services (probably NOT speech, specifically O&M)
- "special" special ed preschool in another county focusing on blind/visually impaired students with related services (probably not speech)
- private auditory oral preschool in another county with related services in county (specifically O&M)
- private Christian preschool in another county through the school where DH works (and I used to) with related services in or out of county(specifically O&M)
- private Christian preschool in another county through our church with related services in or out of county (specifically O&M)
- Noah stays home with me with related services in county (specifically O&M)
- We move away, join the circus, or go into hiding
The issues: Noah is more or less age appropriate for speech, congnitive abilities and social skills, but is delayed in gross & (some) fine motor and self-help skills. He also needs O&M to help him learn to navigate new environments. The county we live in has never worked with a child with a CI and currently has no hearing impaired children at the preschool/elementary level. They have had a lot of turnover the last few years and than concerns me. The private preschool that I want to send him to requires the 3 year olds to be completely independent with potty training (including getting dressed/undressed).
I think right now I'm leaning towards options 2, 4, or 6, although some days option 7 seems pretty appealing. Less than 2 weeks until our final IFSP - I'd better narrow down my choices...